How would you describe the Word of God?
God used ordinary people to record His Word. These men were challenged and shaped, not just by the content’s wisdom, but also by the authority and anointing that was on each word. Here are a few ways that some of the writers described the Word of God:
- Honey in my mouth (Ezekiel 3:3)
- Spiritual food for the hungry (Job 23:12)
- Dwelling in my richly (Colossians 3:16)
- A lamp for my feet (Psalm 119:105)
- A joy and delight to my heart (Jeremiah 15:16)
- Renewing my mind (Romans 12:12)
- A fire that burns in my heart (Jeremiah 20:9)
- More precious than gold (Psalm 19:10)
- Sharper than a two-edged sword (Hebrews 4:12)
- A great reward (Psalm 19:11)
- True and righteous (Psalm 119:160)
- Penetrating my thoughts and attitudes (Hebrews 4:12)
- Perfect and trustworthy (Psalm 19:7)
This list was taken from “Know What You Believe” by Paul E. Little.