Psalm 110:2-3 Rule in the midst of Your enemies. Your people will volunteer freely in the day of Your power;
People ask us all the time, “How do you get into the schools?”
Our answer is always: prayer and people. It cannot happen without prayer and through prayer God will always give you people to accomplish the dreams in your hearts for the students in the school. Below we have provided five simple entry points that will help you get into your local schools.
1. Prayer – There is no magic formula for getting into schools. A leader dead set on winning the lost in the community will start at the public schools. Prayer unlocks the doors to the supernatural, creating new ideas for servitude and outreach. One must provide prayer opportunities within the church, student ministry, and with local youth pastors. A network of prayer is needed to reach this mission field.
2. The Youth Leader – Students need to see youth ministers at the school. This stamps significance on what’s important. Youth leaders need to attend school lunches, pep rallies, extra curricular activities, and Bible studies. Opportunities will open for involvement within the school just by the constant visibility of regular attendance. Show up and God will provide the avenue for your influence.
3. School Focused Ministries – Join up with the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Young Life, or Youth Alive teams. These organizations have stable connections and a specific anointing to reach the schools. A true test of leadership is determined by how well you submit to authority when you are not the top leader. Use these ministries and listen to their advice. They can take you further than you can go yourself.
4. The Church Body – Parents, teachers, and coaches are probably already inside your church eager to partner with your dream to reach the schools. Spread the word. Start taking people to lunch, searching for key partners. Most people either have a kid or grandkid in school, making it easy for you to ask them for help. They can make gift baskets, organize lunches, or arrange meetings with the teachers. The miracle is inside the house!
5. Students – The most powerful and most consistent way to reach the schools comes through the students themselves. It’s like a dandelion, releasing the seed florets all over the countryside, invading numerous places that the plant itself could never reach. The youth pastor becomes that dandelion plant, receiving the wind of the Holy Ghost to push the students into places they could not get to themselves. The youth leader must train, encourage, and keep the students accountable on a weekly basis. If challenged, the student will make a Jesus mark in their school. Students reaching students is the key to revival.