Unexpected Weekend is a top-to-bottom resource designed for the student ministries of local churches, in order to break the monotony of the week-to-week Wednesday grind. The aim is to provide students with a weekend away from their normal context, to create an opportunity for the Holy Spirit to ignite a passion for evangelism in the hearts of students. This weekend encounter is a time for students to be baptized in the Holy Spirit and hear God’s voice more clearly.
Here are the target goals for an Unexpected Weekend encounter:
- To see students encounter the Holy Spirit in a supernatural way. For some, this will be the first time.
- To impart practical methods for personal evangelism into each student, giving them the confidence to share their faith.
- To strengthen relationships within the youth ministry—student to students and student to leader.
- To have lots of fun, showing students that being a Christian is an exciting adventure.
- To create lots of memories for students, both spiritually and relationally.
We have created this resource to aid in the planning of this weekend, so that it can be as low-stress and enjoyable as possible for you, the youth leader. We believe in you! We trust that this weekend encounter will make a positive impact on your student ministry. We spent many hours preparing the agenda to offer as many God-moments as possible for your students, but please understand that this free resource is not conclusive, and should only serve as a starting point when planning an Unexpected Weekend encounter. We encourage you to prayerfully re-arrange the content as needed. It is our prayer that the fruit of this event is salvation, baptisms in the Holy Spirit, supernatural healings, and contagious evangelism on the school campus. Let’s expect the unexpected!
- Nintey-Day Prep Worksheet
- Retreat Location Suggestions
- Packing List
- Sample Budget
- Schedule & Service Order
- Leadership Guidelines
- Breakout Lessons
- Games & Fun Activities
- Token Ideas
- Graphics for screens, online, and print
- Banner Designs
- Student Journals
- and more!